PinoyTravel Terms & Conditions
AGREEMENT BETWEEN CUSTOMER AND PINOYTRAVEL, INC.
Welcome to the PinoyTravel.com.ph (the Website). This Website is provided solely to assist customers in gathering bus/ferry schedules and information on routes, and related services, making legitimate reservations or otherwise transacting business with bus and ferry companies, and for no other purposes. The terms “we”, “us”, “our” and “PinoyTravel, Inc.” refer to PinoyTravel, Inc., a Philippine corporation.
USE OF THE WEBSITE
As a condition of your use of this Website, you warrant that
- (i) you are at least 18 years of age;
- (ii) you possess the legal authority to create a binding legal obligation;
- (iv) you will only use this Website to make legitimate reservations or purchases for you or for another person for whom you are legally authorized to act;
- (vi) all information supplied by you on this Website is accurate, current and complete, to the best of our knowledge and
- PinoyTravel is ONLY a bus/ferry ticket agent. It does not operate bus/ferry services of its own. In order to provide a comprehensive choice of bus/ferry operators, departure times and prices to customers, it has tied up with many bus/ferry operators. PinoyTravel strongly advises you to choose bus/ferry operators you are aware of and whose service you are comfortable with.
- PinoyTravel’s responsibilities are limited to:
- Issuing a valid reservation voucher you which will print and surrender to the bus/ferry operator in the terminal address indicated in the voucher, in exchange for a ticket that will be issued by the bus/ferry operator, upon their verification of your reservation
- Providing rebooking, refund and support in the event of cancellations initiated by the bus/ferry company.
- Providing rebooking, refund and support as requested by you, but only for the bus/ferry operators that allow passenger initiated rebooking and/or refund.
- Providing limited customer support and information in case of any delays / inconvenience
- PinoyTravel’s responsibilities DO NOT include:
- The bus/ferry operator’s bus not departing / arriving on time
- The bus/ferry operator’s employees conduct and/or competence or the lack or absence thereof
- The bus/ferry operator’s seats etc., not being up to your expectations
- The bus/ferry operator canceling or rescheduling the trip for whatever reason
- Any injury or damage to you and/or your properties
- Your baggage or other properties getting lost / stolen / damaged
- The bus/ferry operator changing your seat at the last minute or changing the type of bus and type of seat and accommodations on the bus that will transport you
- Your waiting at the wrong boarding point (please call the bus/ferry operator to find out the exact boarding point if you are not a regular traveler on that particular bus)
- The bus/ferry operator changing the boarding point and/or using a pick-up vehicle at the boarding point to take you to the bus departure point
- The departure/arrival times mentioned on the ticket and website may change on certain days due to unavoidable situations such as heavy traffic or vehicle breakdown. The bus/ferry operator has the last say on the actual arrival and departure times for the bus, the route to be taken and the actual arrival and departure points, and any stops in between.
- Passengers are required to present their PRINTED TRAVEL VOUCHER to the bus/ferry operator on or before the check-in time indicated in the VOUCHER. The bus/ferry operator may also require you to present proof of identity such as passport, divers license and other valid identification cards with a clear photo of yourself. Those availing of discounted fares such as Senior Citizen, Child, Student and PWD, should present the required documents to prove their right to the discount. The inability to show proof will forfeit their right to the discount and will be required to pay the full fare. If your booking allowed you to pay the discounted fare online, the balance between the discounted fare and the full fare will be paid by you at the bus terminal in CASH. If you are not willing to pay the fare difference, your reservation may be forfeited. Note that not all bus/ferry operators give discounts. Only those indicated during the booking process give discounts.
- Tickets or reservations paid by you and received by PinoyTravel will be refunded to you upon your request where:
Any and all refunds will be subject to PinoyTravel’s refund policies and process in force at the time of the request, including the forfeiture of an amount corresponding to PinoyTravel’s refund/cancellation fees and payment gateway fees.. Please note that the refund/cancellation fee and refund period may differ from one bus/ferry operator to another.
- (a) the refund is sought following the occurrence of bus/ferry journey cancellations and route suspensions for reasons other than (i) safety and security reasons (as determined by the bus company), or when justified by circumstances beyond the bus/ferry company’s or PinoyTravel’s control or (ii) delays or diversions in the journey;or
- (b) you are not allowed or failed to board the bus/ferry for reasons other than his non-observance of these Terms and Conditions or the policies or terms and conditions of carriage imposed by the bus company or by any applicable law or regulation.
- (c) refunds is allowed by the policy of the bus/ferry company.
- In case a booking confirmation/VOUCHER sent via e-mail and notified via sms, gets delayed or fails to deliver because of technical reasons or as a result of incorrect e-mail ID / phone number provided by the user etc, a ticket will be considered 'booked' as long as the reservation is tagged by the system as PAID.
- By accepting these terms and conditions, you accept and agree that PinoyTravel may send the alerts and notifications and updates to the email and Philippine mobile phone number provided by you during the registration process for PinoyTravel’s service. You acknowledge that the alerts and notifications will be received only if you have internet connection and the Philippine mobile phone is in ‘On’ mode to receive the SMS. If the mobile phone is in ‘Off’’ mode and/or you have no or intermittent internet connection, then you may not get the notifications on time or not receive them at all.
- PinoyTravel will exert efforts to provide the service and it shall be deemed that you shall have received the information sent from PinoyTravel as an alert on the email and Philippine mobile phone number provided during the course of booking and PinoyTravel shall not be under any obligation to confirm the authenticity of the person(s) receiving the alert. You cannot hold PinoyTravel liable for non-availability of the service in any manner whatsoever.
- You acknowledge that the email and SMS service provided by PinoyTravel is an additional facility provided for the customer’s convenience, that the email and SMS service is highly dependent on the telecommunications service providers, their networks and their intraconnectivity and interconnectivity, and that the email and SMS service may be susceptible to delayed deliveries, non-deliveries, misdeliveries, errors, omissions and/ or inaccuracies.
In the event you observe any error, omission and/or inaccuracy in the information provided in the alert, you should immediately inform PinoyTravel about the same and PinoyTravel will exert efforts to rectify the error, omission and/or inaccuracy as soon as practicable. You will not hold PinoyTravel liable for any loss, damages, claim, expense including legal cost that may be incurred/ suffered by you on account of the email and SMS service (including, without limitation, any delayed deliveries, non-deliveries, misdeliveries, errors, omissions and/ or inaccuracies).
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless PinoyTravel and the email and SMS service provider including its stockholders, directors, officials and employees from any damages, claims, demands, proceedings, loss, cost, charges and expenses whatsoever including legal charges and attorney fees which PinoyTravel and the email and SMS service provider may at any time incur, sustain, suffer or be put to as a consequence of or arising out of:
- (i) misuse, improper or fraudulent information provided by you,
- (ii) your provision of an incorrect email and number or an email and number that belongs to that of an unrelated third party, and/or
- (iii) your receiving any message relating to the reservation number, travel itinerary information, booking confirmation, modification to a ticket, cancellation of ticket, change in bus schedule, delay, and/or rescheduling from PinoyTravel and/or the email and SMS service provider.
- By accepting the terms and conditions the customer acknowledges and agrees that PinoyTravel may call the mobile phone number provided by the customer while registering for the service or to any such number replaced and informed by the customer, for the purpose of collecting feedback from the customer regarding their travel, the bus facilities and/or services of the bus operator.
- Grievances and claims related to the bus/ferry journey should be reported to PinoyTravel support team within 10 days of the customer’s travel date.
- For payment related issues and concerns, contact PinoyTravel at email@example.com. If your case merits a refund, you will be given a full or partial refund, depending on the case. Do not file a complaint with your bank or payment gateway until PinoyTravel representatives have exhausted all means to resolve your case. There are charges and administrative costs associated when you file a complaint to the bank or payment gateway. As such you will be charged a fine of P15,000 plus legal actions against you, for every unreasonable dispute that you file.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- You accept that PinoyTravel only acts as an interface between you and the bus / ferry operator, and that PinoyTravel will under no circumstances be held liable with respect to services you have booked with one or more bus / ferry operators. PinoyTravel is not liable if and insofar as you able to claim for damages under an insurance policy such as, but not limited to, travel and/or holiday cancellation insurance. In any event, PinoyTravel
- The information displayed on this Website has been provided by the respective bus / ferry operators, and PinoyTravel does not accept any liability for any inaccuracies. You must ensure that they verify all information given before booking.
- Except as expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions, all the information contained in this Website is provided without any warranty (either express or implied) or implied term of any kind, including but not limited to any implied warranties or implied terms of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. All such implied terms and warranties are excluded.
BY ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE, YOU AGREE THAT PINOYTRAVEL WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (SUCH AS, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF BOOKINGS, PROFITS, REVENUE, CONTRACTS, ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, DATA, GOODWILL OR WASTED EXPENDITURE), ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE TERMS, WEBSITE, FACILITY, TRANSACTION PROCESSING SERVICE, INABILITY TO USE THE FACILITY OR THE TRANSACTION PROCESSING SERVICE, OR THOSE RESULTING FROM ANY FACILITY PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE WEBSITE, OR ANY DELAY OR INABILITY TO BOARD THE RELEVANT TRANSPORT, OR ANY DELAY OR INABILITY TO COMPLETE THE BOOKED TRAVEL, OR FROM YOUR USE OF LINKS FROM THE WEBSITE, BEYOND THE VALUE OF THE SUBJECT TRANSACTION CARRIED OUT BY YOU THROUGH THE WEBSITE.