PinoyTravel Terms & Conditions
AGREEMENT BETWEEN CUSTOMER AND PINOYTRAVEL, INC.
Welcome to the PinoyTravel.com website (the "Website") and the PinoyTravel mobile application (the “App”). This Website and App are provided solely to assist customers in gathering bus schedules and information, determining the availability of bus seats, routes, and related services, making legitimate reservations or otherwise transacting business with bus companies, and for no other purposes. The terms "we", "us", "our" and "PinoyTravel, Inc." refer to PinoyTravel, Inc., a Philippine corporation.
The term "you" refers to the customer visiting the Website, using the App and/or booking a reservation or purchasing a ticket through us on this Website or App as well as the customer’s companions.
USE OF THE WEBSITE/APP
As a condition of your use of this Website or App, you warrant that
- (i) you are at least 18 years of age;
- (ii) you possess the legal authority to create a binding legal obligation;
- (iv) you will only use this Website or App to make legitimate reservations or purchases for you or for another person for whom you are legally authorized to act;
- (vi) all information supplied by you on this Website or App is true, accurate, current and complete, and
- PinoyTravel is ONLY a bus ticket agent. It does not operate bus services of its own. In order to provide a comprehensive choice of bus operators, departure times and prices to customers, it has tied up with many bus operators. PinoyTravel strongly advises you to choose bus operators you are aware of and whose service you are comfortable with.
- PinoyTravel’s responsibilities are limited to:
- Issuing a valid reservation which will be surrendered to the bus operation named in the reservation in exchange for a ticket that will be issued by the bus operator
- Providing refund and support in the event of cancellation
- Providing limited customer support and information in case of any delays / inconvenience
- PinoyTravel’s responsibilities DO NOT include:
- The bus operator’s bus not departing / reaching on time
- The bus operator’s employees conduct and/or competence or the lack or absence thereof
- The bus operator’s bus seats etc not being up to your expectations
- The bus operator canceling or rescheduling the trip for whatever reason
- Any injury or damage to you and/or your properties
- Your baggage or other properties getting lost / stolen / damaged
- The bus operator changing your seat at the last minute or changing the type of bus and type of seat and accommodations on the bus that will transport you
- Your waiting at the wrong boarding point (please call the bus operator to find out the exact boarding point if you are not a regular traveler on that particular bus)
- The bus operator changing the boarding point and/or using a pick-up vehicle at the boarding point to take you to the bus departure point
- The arrival and departure times mentioned on the ticket are only tentative timings. The bus operator has the last say on the actual arrival and departure times for the bus, the route to be taken and the actual arrival and departure points, and any stops in between
- Passengers are required to present their reservation confirmation to the bus operator on or before the deadline indicated in the reservation confirmation, and to ask the bus operator to issue a ticket upon presentation of such reservation confirmation. The bus operator may require you to present such proof of identity as the bus operator may require.
- Tickets or reservations paid by you and received by PinoyTravel will be refunded to you upon your request where:
Any and all refunds will be subject to PinoyTravel’s refund process in force at the time of the request, including the forfeiture of an amount corresponding to PinoyTravel’s refund/cancellation fees. Please note that the refund/cancellation fee and refund period may differ from one bus operator to another.
- (a) the refund is sought following the occurrence of bus journey cancellations and route suspensions for reasons other than (i) safety and security reasons (as determined by the bus company), or when justified by circumstances beyond the bus company’s or PinoyTravel’s control or (ii) delays or diversions in the journey;or
- (b) you are not allowed or failed to board the bus for reasons other than his non-observance of these Terms and Conditions or the policies or terms and conditions of carriage imposed by the bus company or by any applicable law or regulation.
- In case a booking confirmation e-mail and sms gets delayed or fails because of technical reasons or as a result of incorrect e-mail ID / phone number provided by the user etc, a ticket will be considered 'booked' as long as the ticket shows up on the confirmation page appearing on the Website or App.
- By accepting these terms and conditions, you accept and agree that PinoyTravel may send the alerts to the mobile phone number provided by you during the registration process for PinoyTravel’s service or to any such number replaced and informed by you to PinoyTravel. You acknowledge that the alerts will be received only if the mobile phone is in ‘On’ mode to receive the SMS. If the mobile phone is in ‘Off’’ mode then you may not get / get after delay any alerts sent during such period.
- PinoyTravel will exert efforts to provide the service and it shall be deemed that you shall have received the information sent from PinoyTravel as an alert on the mobile phone number provided during the course of ticket booking and PinoyTravel shall not be under any obligation to confirm the authenticity of the person(s) receiving the alert. You cannot hold PinoyTravel liable for non-availability of the service in any manner whatsoever.
- You acknowledge that the SMS service provided by PinoyTravel is an additional facility provided for the customer’s convenience, that the SMS service is highly dependent on the telecommunications service providers, their networks and their intraconnectivity and interconnectivity, and that the SMS service may be susceptible to delayed deliveries, non-deliveries, misdeliveries, errors, omissions and/ or inaccuracies.
In the event you observe any error, omission and/or inaccuracy in the information provided in the alert, you should immediately inform PinoyTravel about the same and PinoyTravel will exert efforts to rectify the error, omission and/or inaccuracy as soon as practicable. You will not hold PinoyTravel liable for any loss, damages, claim, expense including legal cost that may be incurred/ suffered by you on account of the SMS service (including, without limitation, any delayed deliveries, non-deliveries, misdeliveries, errors, omissions and/ or inaccuracies).
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless PinoyTravel and the SMS service provider including its stockholders, directors, officials and employees from any damages, claims, demands, proceedings, loss, cost, charges and expenses whatsoever including legal charges and attorney fees which PinoyTravel and the SMS service provider may at any time incur, sustain, suffer or be put to as a consequence of or arising out of:
- (i) misuse, improper or fraudulent information provided by you,
- (ii) your provision of an incorrect number or a number that belongs to that of an unrelated third party, and/or
- (iii) your receiving any message relating to the reservation number, travel itinerary information, booking confirmation, modification to a ticket, cancellation of ticket, change in bus schedule, delay, and/or rescheduling from PinoyTravel and/or the SMS service provider.
- By accepting the terms and conditions the customer acknowledges and agrees that PinoyTravel may call the mobile phone number provided by the customer while registering for the service or to any such number replaced and informed by the customer, for the purpose of collecting feedback from the customer regarding their travel, the bus facilities and/or services of the bus operator.
- Grievances and claims related to the bus journey should be reported to PinoyTravel support team within 10 days of the customer’s travel date.